Q: WHAT DO I DO IF MY FOLDING KNIFE BLADE BREAKS?
If your knife blade breaks please send it to our warranty department for an evaluation that includes a steel hardness test, following the instructions in the "Submitting a Claim" section below. If the knife was purchased from a SOG authorized seller, has not been abused, and does not meet its specifications (specs), then the knife will be covered under warranty. If the blade falls outside of our Warranty guidelines, but is within specs, you may purchase a blade replacement for $25.00 for assisted-opening knives, or $35.00 for Arc-Lock knives.
Q: WHAT DO I DO IF MY FIXED BLADE BREAKS?
If the blade on your knife breaks, please send it to our warranty department for an evaluation that includes a steel hardness test, following the instructions in the "Submitting a Claim" section below. If the knife was purchased from a SOG authorized seller, has not been abused and doesn't meet its specifications (specs), then the knife will be covered under warranty.
Q: WHAT DO I DO IF MY PLIER BREAKS?
If the plier breaks, you may send your tool in for inspection following the instructions in the "Submitting a Claim" section below. If the tool was purchased from a SOG authorized seller and we determine it is a manufacturing defect in materials or workmanship, we will replace your tool with a like product.
Q: WHAT DO I DO IF I CAN’T GET MY KNIFE BACK TOGETHER?
Disassembly of your SOG knife is not covered under warranty. You are welcome to send your knife back in to us and we will reassemble and repair your item for a $20.00 fee. Please include a check or money order for this fee, or a telephone number for us to contact you for a credit card payment over the phone.
Q: WHAT ABOUT SOG PACKS MADE BY TORG?
If your pack does not have a hard-molded top pocket and Hypalon MOLLE field, it was made by TORG - The Outdoor Recreation Group, a quality gear manufacturer, under the SOG license. These packs have a lifetime guarantee by TORG. Contact TORG directly at 800.438.3353.
SUBMITTING A CLAIM
To help us fully understand and file your claim, please return your item with this warranty form. SOG will inspect your knife. If it is determined your product is covered by the warranty and there are defects in workmanship or material, SOG will determine whether to replace or repair the product.
Here's the steps to submitting a warranty claim:
- Print out this warranty form and fill it out so we can fully understand what’s wrong. To complete the form, you will need to provide (i) the knife/tool model, (ii) the date the product was purchased, (iii) the retailer from whom you purchased the product, (iv) the problem you are experiencing, (v) the work you would like done, and (vi) your contact information.
- Safely package your gear and include the completed warranty form.
- Send your package to the address below — ensure that it is prepaid, insured and tracked. Please note that we are not responsible for lost or stolen packages prior to arrival at our facility.
- Note on the warranty form if your piece has sentimental value which you would like us to take into consideration when determining replacement.
Address your package to:
SOG SPECIALTY KNIVES & TOOLS
6521 212th ST SW
LYNNWOOD WA 98036
- That’s it! We’ll then inspect your knife. If it is determined your product is covered by the warranty and there are defects in workmanship or material, SOG will determine whether to replace or repair your knife. We’ll contact you if we have any questions or updates for you.
- Warranty process time takes on average 3-4 weeks to inspect your SOG product, repair or replace and send back to you.
NON-WARRANTED ITEMS & NON-RECOMMENDED USES
Rusted, spotted, or stained blades or handles; broken or bent blade tips; worn tool components; scratched coatings or finishes; worn or torn TPR grips, sheaths, pouches; and broken/lost thumb studs.
Fixed blades, folding knives, and tools are useful in a wide variety of applications and circumstances, and while uses and applications for each blade and tool may vary, a general rule for most is “Don’t use it to pry.” It is certainly tempting to do so, given that they are an ideal size and shape for prying, however, a blade is designed specifically to cut and hold an edge. The metallurgy of the blade and design of the pivot on a folding knife and multi-tool isn’t suitable to be leveraged laterally and will break when enough force is applied. Additionally, the surface can be damaged and scratched by the material it is pushed against. It’s best to leave prying to crow bars and screwdrivers, as signs of prying may void your warranty.
Folding knives are designed to be portable utility tools and are made primarily for cutting and puncturing. While the abilities of your knife may vary by design and size, general guidelines do not recommend using your folding knife for throwing, chopping, or pounding and those tasks can weaken or break your knife's locking mechanism and pivot.
Because SOG cannot control the quality of products sold by unauthorized sellers, this warrant applies only to SOG products that were purchased from SOG or a SOG authorized seller, unless prohibited by law.
RETURNING A PRODUCT FOR WARRANTY
Include the completed warranty repair form or a brief note inside your package stating the following information:
- Name or description of Item being returned
- Date the product was purchased
- The retailer from whom you purchased the product
- Claimed defect and how it failed or sharpening request
- Your name
- Mailing Address
- Daytime phone number
- Email address to reach you in case we have any questions
- If the item has sentimental value, please state that in the note. In some cases, items are replaced and we would like to know before we send out a replacement item.
Send Warranty Claims To
SOG Specialty Knives, LLC.
Attn: Warranty Dept.
6521 212th St SW
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Further Warranty Questions
If you have questions about anything regarding warranty, repairs, sharpening, need a copy of the warranty, or just want to call to say “Hi” and thank us for making such great products, we’d love to hear from you.
SOG Specialty Knives, LLC reserves the right to change specifications, prices, and information on this website without notice.
SOG Unconditional Pocket Clip Warranty
Pocket clips can be broken if they are accidentally caught on foreign objects while wearing. To help prevent such occurrences, SOG recommends that you wear your knife in your front pocket, with the knife inside your pocket. If, for whatever reason, your clip bends or breaks and you would like to receive a replacement, fill out the Clip Request Form, or email/call SOG's warranty department. Damage to a knife handle because a clip has snagged is not considered "normal," and any such damage will be assessed under warranty. Learn more about replacing pocket clips in Knife & Tool Care.